Saturday, April 20, 2013

Under the Sea Nails

Hello there! 

You may already be familiar with mural-style nail art, where a design continues across multiple nails. Last week at school happened to be spirit week, during which a dress theme is dedicated to each day (School Spirit Day, Tacky Tourist Day, etc). Tuesday's theme was "Under the Sea!"


Lacking the materials (and zeal) necessary to coordinate a themed outfit, I decided to give  ocean-themed nail art a shot instead. Seeking inspiration, I googled ocean nail art and came across this stunning manicure by possibly my favorite blogger, Sarah, at Chalkboard Nails. I admire it so much I attempted a version. 

"Under the Sea" mural nail art

I started nervously, but I'm really pleasantly surprised with the result! Below is my left hand, which I kept much simpler. I originally intended to add art similar to my right hand, but found I didn't have enough time to commit.  


Ocean Gradient Nails

If you're curious to know any/all of the polishes used here, please don't hesitate to drop a comment! 
I'll do my best to answer you. :-)


What do you think? Are you a fan of mural-style nail art? 
This won't be my last!

Thanks for looking!
-Skye


4 comments: